Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a jenn-air dishwasher - how do we clean out the

Customer Question
HI, so we have a...
HI, so we have a jenn-air dishwasher - how do we clean out the fliter - there is no tray top pull out - and I have tried to unscrew the bottom plate - our dishes and glasses are awful .... need help, pls!!!!! Moved into this house with no household appliance care instructions .... urgghhh!
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/16/2011
Appliance Technician: APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner replied 6 years ago
APPLIANCE GURU-John
APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner
APPLIANCE GURU :

HI WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER.I WILL BE ASSISTING YOU WITH YOUR QUESTION TODAY. MAY I GET THE MODEL NUMBER LOCATED IN THE DOOR OPENING PLEASE?

Customer:

Not sure which one is the serial number but here are a couple of numbers ....

Customer:

JDB2150AWP

Customer:

or 29412159GV

APPLIANCE GURU :

OK STAND BY.

Customer:

are you still there

APPLIANCE GURU :

YES, IM HERE. THER IS A FILTER ON THE WATER CIRCULATION VENT GOING TO THE TOP WASH ARM FROM THE PUMP, CAN YOU SEE IT?

Customer:

how do I look for that?

APPLIANCE GURU :

WHAT KIND OF A CLEANING PROBLEM ARE YOU HAVING? IS IT WHITE STAINS IN GLASSES AND DISHES?

Customer:

yes ....

APPLIANCE GURU :

OK, ARE YOU USING THE HIGH TEMPERATURE WASH?

Customer:

no just normal wash

Customer:

This is Stephen here - like my wife said after the first cycle the water does not drain properly. Build of of food particles at the bottom of the dish washer

APPLIANCE GURU :

OK, THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN OCCURING EVER SINCE THEY BANNED THE PHOPHATE THAT MANUFACTURE'S USE IN WASH DETERGENTS. YOU CAN SOLVE THIS PROBLEM BY USING THE HEATED WASH CYCLE AND ALSO USING A PRODUCT CALLED GLASS MAGIC AND A RINSE AGENT. I HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE SUCCESS BY USING ABOUT 3 TEASPOONS OF VINEGAR IN THE WASH WATER. IT DEPENDS ON HOW HARD THE WATER IS.

Customer:

Sounds good .... but how do I clean out the filter? There is so much food bits stuck in the bottom of the dishwasher ... I have never seen a dishwasher where there is no accessible way of cleaning the food bits out.

APPLIANCE GURU :

MAKE SURE THE DRAIN LINES GOES UP FROM THE DISPOSER AND THEN DOWN TO THE DISHWASHER. YOU CAN TIE IT UP

Customer:

How do I do this/

APPLIANCE GURU :

DO YOU SEE WHERE THE DRAIN LINE GOES INTO THE SINK GARBAGE DISPOSAL FROM THE DISHWASHER?

Customer:

Are you talking about the plumping lines under the sink?

APPLIANCE GURU :

YES THE DRAIN LINE GOES THROUGH THE WALL AND UNDER SINK USUALLY TO THE GARBAGE DIPOSAL IF YOU HAVE ONE.

Customer:

Okay - we have a disposal unit ... so when the dishes are washed the food goes into the garbage disposal?

Customer:

What am to tie up? and how do I this....

APPLIANCE GURU :

YES, MAKE SURE THE DRAIN LINE IS GOING UP AFTER LEAVING THE DISPOSAL AN THEN BACK DOWN TO DISWAHER TO MAKE SURE THAT DIRTY WATER IS NOT DRAINING BACK INTO DISWASHER.

APPLIANCE GURU :

THIS MODEL HAS NO REMOVABLE FILTER TO CLEAN, IT HAS A ACCUMALATOR THAT YOU CAN SEE UNDER THE BOTTOM SPRAY ARM THAT YOU CAN CLEAN OFF IF IT HAS FOOD PARTICLES. AND THE ONLY OTHER FILTER IS ON THE WATER INPUT THAT WONT HELP.

APPLIANCE GURU :

DID YOU FIND THE DRAIN LINE?

APPLIANCE GURU :

IF YOU HAVE NO MORE QUESTIONS PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT, THANK YOU.

Customer:

We have ended up getting a plumber over to get it sorted out. Thanks for your time

APPLIANCE GURU-John
APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner
APPLIANCE GURU-John
APPLIANCE GURU-John
APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner