We have an Amana side-by side 36 wide by 69 high refrigerator,

Customer Question
We have an Amana side-by...
We have an Amana side-by side 36" wide by 69" high refrigerator, approximately 10 years old, with cusXXXXX XXXXX panels on the doors. It has stopped working and the appliance repair people that we called say that the compressor is burned out. They also say that they are hesitant to replace the compressor because they usually burn out again quite... Read full answer
We have an Amana side-by side 36" wide by 69" high refrigerator, approximately 10 years old, with cusXXXXX XXXXX panels on the doors. It has stopped working and the appliance repair people that we called say that the compressor is burned out. They also say that they are hesitant to replace the compressor because they usually burn out again quite soon. When I called the supplier from whom we bought the refrigerator, planning to buy a new one, they indicated that Amana no longer makes refrigerators on which cusXXXXX XXXXX panels can be attached. Our whole kitchen is designed around cusXXXXX XXXXX panels with rustic log trim. A modern appearance refrigerator would ruin the appearance.

What do we do? (The refrigerator is in a second home in Tahoe City, California.)

Michael R. Cabak
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/14/2011
Appliance Technician: Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech replied 7 years ago
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Hi..Bob Here ...Welcome to Just Answer...Sub Zero fridges still have the wood panel options..You can also have wood panels made to fit..CLICK HERE Other wise in most cases..On a fridge this old you would have to replace the coils along with the compressor for a complete trouble free repair..Which is quite expensive..
Sometimes you can get away with flushing the coils out with a coil cleaner..Then replacing the compressor..It all depends upon the condition of the coils..More than likely the company that told you replacing the compressor will not last..Did not want to take on the job..Also once you use the accept option today..Please stop by and leave some feedback for my time helping you...If you have any further questions i will be standing by..Thanks Bob
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My Samsung refrigerator model RF267AABP is not cooling.
Hello, my Samsung refrigerator model RF267AABP is not cooling. Neither the refrigerator nor the freezer. The condenser coils are not cooling. … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Last night our amana refig quit cooling enough. The freezer
last night our amana refig quit cooling enough. The freezer goods were melting and the refrig is down to 52 degrees. Hate to buy a new one. CAn we fix? … read more
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech
Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering Technology
have a bottom freezer refrigerator profile modeL#pdcf1nbwaww.
have a bottom freezer refrigerator profile modeL#pdcf1nbwaww. HAVE TEMP SETTINGS SET AT 1 - FREEZER & 38 REFRIG BUT WHEN OPENED 1ST THING THIS AM FREEZER WAS READING 15 * now 3 hrs later is reading 25… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Bosch refrigerator (Model KGN53X00AU or X70AU - freezer
I have a Bosch refrigerator (Model KGN53X00AU or X70AU - freezer at bottom). It has started making a clicking sound intermittently when the compressor is running. The clicking noise has a frequency of… read more
Tech/owner,
I have a SubZero model 3211 RFD. Do you know how much energy
I have a SubZero model 3211 RFD. Do you know how much energy it uses annually and how many cubic feet of space are in the freezer and main compartment? I think my unit is about to end its useful life … read more
ed michaels
ed michaels
designer and manager,
engineering/architecture (3 years)
I am trying to identify our gas Glenwood Stove model - could
I am trying to identify our gas Glenwood Stove model - could not find any labels. It was purchased in 1993, 3 feet wide, with four burners and a griddle. Two years ago I bought a knob PS1757338 Now, w… read more
Michael
Michael
Appliance Repair Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I asked this question yesterday, but I had an emergency and
I asked this question yesterday, but I had an emergency and couldn't get back to check for an answer. (sorry) I have an imperial refrigerator model number 2699W. It was working fine up until this week… read more
Tim Alan
Tim Alan
Appliance Technician,
I have an Amana 36" wide side by side refrigerator at my vacatioin
I have an Amana 36" wide side by side refrigerator at my vacatioin home in Tahoe. It is not cooling properly: freezer is at 36 degrees and rfrig @ 55 degrees. I removed the back covers and the fan and… read more
Barry G.
Barry G.
I just tried to send a message - when I got to the email
I just tried to send a message - when I got to the email address page, you site said that my email address had been used to "register another member". That is not possible. I have already given you my… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
We purchased our Amana refrigerator 10 years ago for around
We purchased our Amana refrigerator 10 years ago for around $800. It has a faux stainless steel front and black trim, no ice maker in the door -- and knowing the model number is XXXXX my pay grade. He… read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
We have an Amana refrigerator Model # XXXXX Ser # XXXXX
We have an Amana refrigerator Model # XXXXX Ser # XXXXX It has performed beautifully for a number years. One night a couple of weeks below, we smelled a burned electrical smell and the circuit brakers… read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
I have an Amana refrigerator with bottom freezer (BBI 20TPE)
I have an Amana refrigerator with bottom freezer (BBI 20TPE) approximately 12 years old. The freezer stopped freezing and the refrigerator portion does not stay cool. A local repairman diagnosed the p… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Thinking of purchasing a new french door, bottom freezer with
Thinking of purchasing a new french door, bottom freezer with ice/water dispenser, either Samsung or Whirlpool Gold. Dimensions of the Samsung are 68 1/2 " high (69 3/4" to top of hinge), 35 3/4" wide… read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
I have an amana side by side fridge. it is model sxd2ve.
I have an amana side by side fridge. it is model sxd2ve. we turned the controls to low/off for the winter at the cabin. this spring, turned them back up, and nothing happens. it has power as the light… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Home Appliance Tech,
My amana ars2664bw refrigerators in door water dispensor
My amana ars2664bw refrigerator's in door water dispensor won't turn off if using the white 'water' button but is just fine with the grey push dispenser in the back. I suspect the plastic button has s… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Home Appliance Tech,
I have a side by side Amana refrigerator, model SCD23VW. The
I have a side by side Amana refrigerator, model SCD23VW. The freezer is not cold enough to make regular (manual) ice cubes. We checked the temperature in the freezer, and it's only 36 degrees, even th… read more
hitechapp
hitechapp
I have a GR2SHKXKQ00 Refrigerator. Everything seems to be working
I have a GR2SHKXKQ00 Refrigerator. Everything seems to be working accept that the fridge is not cold and the freezer is no longer frrozen as of early this afternoon. Any ideas what is up?… read more
Owner,
We have a side by side Amana refrigerator at least over 17
We have a side by side Amana refrigerator at least over 17 years old. The refrigerator side is no longer getting cold, whereas the freezer side keeps working away, but it can't keep up with the requir… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Home Appliance Tech,