Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Refrigerator Door Ajar Alarm When Doors Are Closed.

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/12/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Can you get us the full model # ? thanks Bryan

Yes, the model number is GI7FVCXWY 01. It is a Whirlpool
Okay great, the door ajar signal is probably caused by one of your door switches which is bad, it's either the one of the freezer or the one of the refrigerator section that is faulty, if you click this blue link it will take you to the second switch I showed you and there is a video on how to check it with a voltmeter, just watch the video and check the switches like it says, here is the link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rocker-Switch/12466115SP/1553076 whichever one is bad replace, here is a link to the parts, http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?s=t-GI7FVCXWY-%3d%3de thanks, Bryan
How would I remove the switches to test without damaging the fridge?
the are small clips you push in with a putty knife to release the switches,
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
i have not been able to get the switches off to test them. I am still working on that part. That is why I have yet to accept answer. I don't know if that is it yet.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician