Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

MY GE XL MICROWAVE KEEPS SHUTTING OFF AFTER I PUT THE TIME

MY GE XL MICROWAVE KEEPS SHUTTING OFF AFTER I PUT THE TIME OR PROCEDURE
I WANT TO DO
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

So this never starts when you push the start button ? Or does it start and then immediately shut down? Also can you recheck the model number doesn't seem to be coming up, you may have one of the letters in the beginning wrong, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

model # XXXXX sorry for the delay they are giving me a hard time with my user name and password the microwave starts and then shuts down

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay about how long does it run before it shuts down? Is it just a couple seconds?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

a few seconds

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay does this sound unusually louder than it did before when it does start? Is the buzz you used to hear when it started louder now than it was before?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

a few seconds

there is no sound or buzzing - is this message for me?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Also you don't hear anything whatsoever? Do you just see the time ticking down a few seconds and then it goes blank? I'm sorry we are having so much trouble communicating, yes the question was for you, and I have the model number so you will need to send that anymore
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the screen goes completely blank and it gives directions to go to clock and follow those

instructions

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I get it. The problem is your smart board has failed,this is $182.72 its pretty expensive, since a new microwave only runs around $240.00 most people opt to replace the microwave, however this has its downside also because it has to be installed, if you think you can replace this yourself here is the link to order the part, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Panel/WB27X10382/875386?modelNumber=JVM1650WH01 this is pretty common on these microwaves, hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan