Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

so i have this frigidaire electric range es200/300. my wife

so i have this frigidaire...
so i have this frigidaire electric range es200/300. my wife was cleaning the controls and display, and when doing so the door lock indicator keeps flashing. i have look at the manual, and tried hitting the clean off button for the 3 secs, and it won't go off. when i hit bake or something then it growling/ticking. it then will do this for a little bit, and then it will continuously beep and display F9. the stove works fine, and i have tried unplugging it.
7/11/2011
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

Randy 43 :

hi, the door lock latch asm is bad..you need to replace that part..that is the reason you are getting the f-9

Customer:

but everything was working just fine until she was cleaning the oven and display. she did not do the self cleaning option. again everything worked fine til she was just cleaning the display and stove top

Randy 43 :

try this, turn off the oven at the breaker for 3 minutes..then turn back on..if still a problem..put the stove into self clean and cancel it after the latch locks..let it go for a few minutes..if the control lets it go in to self clean

Customer:

what happened is she hit the buttons on the display and the door lock started flashing, so i tried ending the self claening optin by hitting the clear off button and holding it for 3 seconds like the manual said

Customer:

i have tried the shutting it off at the breaker. i guess i will try putting it into self clean again and c what happens

Randy 43 :

let it start ..then cancel it

Randy 43 :

after a few minutes

Customer:

i guess here is the status. i went and shut off power at the circuit breaker for ruffly 5 minutes. put power back to it still said door locked was flashing. so i looked at the manual for self cleaning, and it said to make sure the time was correct and so i did and then it error out on the display F9 again. again i am pretty sure that nothing machanical is wrong, cause again all was weel til she just cleaning the display area and stove top.

Customer:

after it errored out F9 i hit clear off button and it went back to flashing on the door locked indicator

Randy 43 :

have you put it into self clean? and let it start cleaning

Customer:

no is does not let me get to that point. i can't get the door locked indicator to stop flashing

Randy 43 :

try pushing on the door and try it again

Customer:

k. push in on the door and follow what the manual says for the self cleaning option?

Randy 43 :

yes

Customer:

yeah man same thing. the "door locked

Customer:

indicator just keeps flashing. manaul says to hit "clear off" button and so i did. it says to push in on it for 3 secs and when i do that it says "dr" on thee display

Randy 43 :

i agree ,that it is unual but f-9 is a door locked issue..you can take the back panel off and the lock asm and turn the latch manually to unluck..but you will need that latch assembly

Customer:

i will try that and we will c if that works

Randy 43 :

ok,im here let me know

Customer:

well here's the deal. i took the back covers off, and located the "door latch motor. the "door locked" indicator still flashing, so i unplugged the stove again, and plugged it back in and that ticking started and so i put my ear the the motor and it was ticking, and i think attempting to latch. with that it opened the over door and pounded on the latch to the lock position, and by doing so i was able to free it up. i don't now if their is linkage in there or not, but it caught close and opened again mechanically like it should. so things are working as intended.

Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Randy 43
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician