We have GE slide in range model # XXXXX P1SS and the contol…

Customer Question
We have GE slide...
We have GE slide in range model # XXXXX P1SS and the contol panel for the oven does not work. The cooktop is fine. We have unplgged and replugged it in and also checked and flipped the breakers to no avail. Suggestions?... Read full answer
We have GE slide in range model # XXXXX P1SS and the contol panel for the oven does not work. The cooktop is fine. We have unplgged and replugged it in and also checked and flipped the breakers to no avail. Suggestions?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/10/2011
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is the display completely blank or do the buttons just not work?
Completely blank.
ok then unfortunately that means that your display control board is just shorted because there is nothing that will stop the display board from turning on but your top burners to continue working other than a bad display board. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

We did not need the part you specified. We had a repair person come out and the problem was that the electrical cord while plugged in was not fully plugged in. When we checked to make sure it was plugged in, my son got a small shock. There was enough power to make the cooktop functional bit not the oven, which apparently requires more power. The repairman use a rubber coated screw driver handle to fully depress the plug and viola the oven works!

Please refund my $45 dollars and you may want to advise people to try the rubber coated screw driver trick first, before ordering a $200+ part. Please advise when I may expect my refund. Thank you

you said you had unplugged and replugged the unit in. I can only give answers off of what you tell me. If you said it's plugged in, then I assume it's plugged in.

It was plugged in, just not fully. Take this as a learning experience regarding "the shock" my son received when trying to push it in further. Wouldn't you assume it was totally plugged in if you pushed on it and got a shock? You could have advised about the shock. Or is this new to you?

Please refund my $45.00.

ok have a nice day.
Thanks you too! When should I expect my refund?
you'll need to talk to customer service. I have no power to do such a thing.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
We have GE oven..model P 968S P1SS..S/N VS4 00252Q. After a
we have GE oven..model P 968S P1SS..S/N VS4 00252Q. After a power outage, the oven controls screen remains unlit. How to fix? … read more
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech
Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering Technology
We have a GE Profile Oven (model PCB969SR1SS). It has a ceramic
We have a GE Profile Oven (model PCB969SR1SS). It has a ceramic cook top and twin convection ovens. Currently when I try and turn a burner on the light comes on, but no heat is generated on the surfac… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a GE slide in down draft electric range / stove
Hi - I have a GE slide in down draft electric range / stove - model jsp69wvww , circa around 1999. I went away for a few days, and when I got back, the front panel that normally shows the clock was da… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
KENMORE ELITE RANGE MODELGLASS-TOP. LARGE BURNER (3 SIZES IN
KENMORE ELITE RANGE MODEL(###) ###-####GLASS-TOP. LARGE BURNER (3 SIZES IN 1) WILL NOT POWER OFF. ONLY WAY YO TURN OFF IS TO FLIP THE BREAKER.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
After selecting Bake, Convect Bake or Broil and entering a
After selecting Bake, Convect Bake or Broil and entering a temperature on my MGS5870ADC slide-in range it makes a buzzing sound after a few seconds. The oven does not heat up and I can feel the 740044… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
We have a Maytag Gemini Double Oven (gas). We went to preheat
We have a Maytag Gemini Double Oven (gas). We went to preheat it and though it started heating up, it started clicking. The clicking became faster paced, so we turned it off and back on. Now it won't … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
We have a GE drop in range and cooktop model # XXXXX and
We have a GE drop in range and cooktop model # XXXXX and the oven still operates However, all 4 cooktop burners will not heat up. Checked circuit breakers and they are OK. The fuse inside cooktop is a… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
i have a GE Profile Oven/Cooktop - for several years, its
i have a GE Profile Oven/Cooktop - for several years, it's been great. the cooktop burners work fine but the oven does not. none of the control buttons work, although clock shows and works. when you p… read more
appliancesupertech
appliancesupertech
appliance tech,
I have an old 1993 JennAir slide in range/oven. The fan is
I have an old 1993 JennAir slide in range/oven. The fan is working, the clock intermittently, but I get no heat to the cooktop or the oven.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
We purchased a Free-Standing , Slide-In , and Drop-In Electric
We purchased a Free-Standing , Slide-In , and Drop-In Electric range for our new home. We began occupancy on August 1, 2011. The range is not working properly. The problem is: When the oven is in use … read more
Tim Alan
Tim Alan
Appliance Technician,
Our electric stove burners will not heat up we used it this
Our electric stove burners will not heat up we used it this morning and it was fine. We also check the fuse box and everything was ok. HELP… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Kenmore Electric smoothtop range Model No.790.96002601,
I have a Kenmore Electric smoothtop range Model No.790.96002601, Serial No.VF90466142 and there is no power to the surface element. Any suggestions?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a precision touch control 500 gas range. (3 yrs. old)
I have a precision touch control 500 gas range. (3 yrs. old) While I was cooking yesterday the power went off to the range. The rest of my house still had power. I checked the circuit breaker and it w… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
I got a GE profile covection oven model GRCR3840ZWW-3, and
I got a GE profile covection oven model GRCR3840ZWW-3, and the cooktop stop working and at look at the fuzes and everything look fine and the light on each burner goes on but no heat.… read more
Neilwill
Neilwill
Appliance Manager,
I have a kenmore range model 970-686390 s/n BF90236701 and
I have a kenmore range modelNNN-NN-NNNNs/n BF90236701 and I was doing an outlet change in the kitchen. When I turned the breaker back on it blew the main breaker due to a wiring mistake. I corrected t… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a GE Performance Profile Range (oven and cooktop). Model
I have a GE Performance Profile Range (oven and cooktop). Model number JB960. The buttons for the numbers do not work. All the other buttons work fine, but I can't set temperature, or clock, or kitche… read more
Appliance Man
Appliance Man
Appliance Tech,
GE jsp34wdw3ww range cooktop works but oven display panel has
GE jsp34wdw3ww range cooktop works but oven display panel has all LCD element lit and will not respond to bake broil reset nor flipping house breaker.… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
Hello, I own a GE oven, which is barely two years old, and
Hello, I own a GE oven, which is barely two years old, and it is not working now. The burners work, but the clock on the oven and all the related displays are not. I have tried unplugging it and replu… read more
Chas
Chas
Master Appliance Repair Technician,