Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kenmore Dishwasher Ultra Wash Quiet Grand 3 I

I have a kenmore Dishwasher Ultra Wash Quiet Grand 3 I cannot start it because the Heat option keeps flashing,,,,I tried pressing it in several times but it remains on and I cannot switch to watch or cancel....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Can you get us the full model # ? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan,,,this is Tom had trouble finding it but I did,,,,Model# 665.16014400
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you count the number of blinks on this? does it blink 7 times and the repeat? or three times then repeat? and so on, or does it just blink steady? is it a fast blink or slow? also try shutting the power off at the breaker box for 5 minutes and see if it resets the board, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan,,,,I just turned the breaker off for dishwasher and am waiting for five minutes,,,,the Heat Dry is flashing fast constantly and the Normal Wash light is on but not blinking,,,,let me wait a few minutes for the breaker to be off for five and I will get back with you with a report,,,,Tom
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay Tom.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan,,,,I just turned the breaker back on,,,,,the panel was dark,,,then the Lock On was llit and then it went out and the Heat light started flashing again as it did before,,,,so we are right back to where you and I started,,,,Tom
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

try resetting this , do this. press these key in a sequence.

High Temp Wash, Heated Dry, High Temp Wash, Heated Dry, High Temp Wash

If you don't have a heated dry then use "air dry"

let me know if the control board resets, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan,,,,darn,,,I tried the sequence twice and the Heated Dry is still flashing as before. So what can we try this time? Tom
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
oops,,,I just lost you and had to log back in,,,,,let me know what to do next,,,Tom
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, I am just going through the steps for resetting the board but that is it, those the only two ways to attempt a board reset, now you have to take the inner door assembly off by removing the screws around the inside of the door, when you get that apart you will see the control board, this will be your last chance at getting this reset without replacing a part, there is a ribbon that goes from the touch pad to the control board, it's a flat ribbon almost like the one you would see in a computer, unplug that and then plug it back in, see if the board resets and you are able to use the dishwasher, before opening the can troll panel area up shut the power off at the breaker, then do the above, if it doesn't reset turn the power back on then you will need to replace the power control board, you can see the ribbon connector on the right side of this picture, if that doesn't reset after removing and plug it back in the ribbon then you will have to order the control board and replace it, on some machines you can just take the control head off or at least up and down by removing just the screws along the top of the door and lifting up slightly on the control panel and tip it forward, some you can some you can't it's hard to tell by the diagrams, let me know when you have that done and let me know if it resets, thanks, Bryan