Have a White Knight Dryer model CL76A..wont start, when I push…

Customer Question
Have a White Knight Dryer...
Have a White Knight Dryer model CL76A..wont start, when I push the start button nothing happens, doesnt click?... Read full answer
Have a White Knight Dryer model CL76A..wont start, when I push the start button nothing happens, doesnt click?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/7/2011
Appliance Technician: AppTech35002, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
AppTech35002
AppTech35002, Home Appliance Technician

AppTech35002 :

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com to resolve your appliance issue. I look forward to assisting you.

The first thing to check is the door switch. Open the door and look for a little paddle that the door would contact when closed. Slowly move the paddle and listen for a click. If no click, the door switch is most likely your problem. If it clicks, your start switch may be bad.

Customer:

Thats clicking

AppTech35002 :

Is there a light that comes on when the door is open?

Customer:

No..but dont think it ever did...

AppTech35002 :

Just looking for an easy way to double check the door switch. Have you checked you circuit breaker or fuse box to ensure the dryer still has power?

Customer:

Yes, checked that, the light comes on when remove the condenser drawer

AppTech35002 :

Okay good, stand by a sec.

AppTech35002 :

Is there a door switch accuator pin on the door and is it still there?

Customer:

A what?

Customer:

The door clicks when shut

AppTech35002 :

The part diagram shows a plastic pin on the door that makes contact with the door switch. Is that pin on the door or is there a plastic piece that looks like it may have been broken off?

Customer:

where about is this pin??...I cant see anything missing or broken

AppTech35002 :

Take a look Here for part number 367

Customer:

Ok..found it.Yes that part is still intact and working

AppTech35002 :

Well my hopes for an easy fix are dashed. Are you used to hearing or feeling the start button click when pushed?

Customer:

wait..just ran an experiment and using a pen it starts...so the door pin isnt making contact

AppTech35002 :

Well there you go. The door pin is 1)partially broken off 2) not going into the hole when the door is closed 3)the door switch itself needs adjusting. 4)or the door switch is partially failed meaning that only by over extending the mechanism with a pen will the switch make contact. No matter which it is, I ethink you have found your problem.

If you have my information usefule please click accept. We can continue to chat if you have any further questions about this issue. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

Customer:

Cheers, XXXXX XXXXX solution here??..Its not 1 or 2...but most likely the problem is No 4

Time to replace the door switch. Disconnect the power and remove the top. You should be able to access the door switch from the top. Or if you are not comfortable doing that it may time to bring in a service technician.

AppTech35002
AppTech35002, Home Appliance Technician
Can you tell me exactly the part number for this model, so I can order it..
To the best of my knowledge THIS is the part you need.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My dryer buttons wont push and it has a lil chirping sound,
My dryer buttons wont push and it has a lil chirping sound … read more
Appliance Technician,
, my GE profile performance gas dryer doesnt start, it lights
, my GE profile performance gas dryer doesnt start, it lights up and sounds like it wants to start but doesnt get there and it just keeps doing that over and over till i stop it… read more
Tech/owner,
My Mattag Bravos Series 300 will not start when I push the
My Mattag Bravos Series 300 will not start when I push the strat button. Yes, it's plugged in and the control panel is lite up. This has happen before, but it always starts when I push the start butto… read more
Appliance Man
Appliance Man
Appliance Tech,
Stop searching for answers—
Hi I have a kenmore model # XXXXX electric dryer and
Hi I have a kenmore model # XXXXX electric dryer and was wondering if you could help me fix it. the dryer does not start but makes a humming noise when i push the start button. i have taken the drum o… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Whirlpool Duet dryer GEW9200LW1 that wont start. The
I have a Whirlpool Duet dryer GEW9200LW1 that wont start. The control panel lights up (with no codes) but when the start button is pressed I hear a click and nothing happens. I checked the thermistors… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I am working on an Alliance/Speed Queen stackable double dryer
I am working on an Alliance/Speed Queen stackable double dryer model sse807wf. The top dryer wont start. At first when I pushed the start button it would hum when I held down the button. Now it wont d… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My Whirlpool Duet front loading washer wont start. When I
My Whirlpool Duet front loading washer wont start. When I push the power button on the left, then push the start button on the right and hold it, nothing happens. The green indicator light that tells … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
i have a maytag performa dryer and when i push the start button,
i have a maytag performa dryer and when i push the start button, the dryer does not start, plus the light no longer comes on when i open the dryer door i check the circuit breaker and it seemed fine, … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a whirlpool dryer. i am able to select what drying
I have a whirlpool dryer. i am able to select what drying mode i'd like to use, but when i push the "hold to start" button it sounds like it "connects" but doesnt actually go on. Please help....… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a White Westinghouse Electric Dryer Model DE 150KDW-1.
I have a White Westinghouse Electric Dryer Model DE 150KDW-1. When the Safety Start button is pushed the motor starts as long as the button is pressed but stops after a few seconds. It used to be that… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a whirlpool cabrio model WED6400SB and it will not start.
I have a whirlpool cabrio model WED6400SB and it will not start. The unit has power to it, but the start button does nothing. What could be the problems? Thank you.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a LG dishwasher Model LD-12AW2, about 7 years old. The
I have a LG dishwasher Model LD-12AW2, about 7 years old. The current problem is that after you start a program it goes for a little while but when the water needs to come in nothing happens. I have c… read more
esequiel walker
esequiel walker
Appliance technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have an Amana gas dryer model number NDG7800AWW, the dryer
I have an Amana gas dryer model number NDG7800AWW, the dryer wont start and electricity is getting to the unit… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
my whirlpool duet dryer drum wont turn. the power panel is
my whirlpool duet dryer drum wont turn. the power panel is on , I can set the controls but when I push the start button the dryer humms for apx 1 second and then clicks and nothing happens. I tried th… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
My dryer has electrical power going to it. it was running
My dryer has electrical power going to it. it was running fine last night. Now when I push the start button nothing happens. The manual says to check the fuse. Where is the fuse?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
When I turn the dial,or timer on the dryer it starts to humm
When I turn the dial,or timer on the dryer it starts to humm before I even push the start button. then nothing happens. the dryer doesnt eve turn on.… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
i have a white knight tumble drier and the drum will not go
i have a white knight tumble drier and the drum will not go around - it has heat and the timer switch can be heard working - the belt is ok - if the belt is off the motor works ok,but with the belt on… read more
Chas
Chas
Master Appliance Repair Technician,
We have a Kenmore elite dryer model 110.64962300. Today the
We have a Kenmore elite dryer model 110.64962300. Today the dryer decided to quit working. We cleaned out the lint traps and the vents still not working. When you push the start button it sound like c… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,