Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a 2000 stackable Maytag Washer/Dryer that will not

turn on. The dryer turns...
We have a 2000 stackable Maytag Washer/Dryer that will not turn on. The dryer turns on fine, but the washer filled with water then stopped. Can you help???
7/5/2011
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

the problem is the lid switch, have you tried to advance this to spin? does it spin and drain if you do?

We have tried the various settings with no response. Nothing works including spin and rinse.
ok, I just looked at your diagrams, this is a 7806 series and has a fuse behind the front panel on the left side, unpolug the machine and remove the front panel, there are screws in the front bottom, the fuse is part # XXXXX on this diagram, check that first, let me know if its bad,
Pulled the panel, checked the fuse. It looks okay. Is there a reset button anywhere?
no reset on this unfortunatetly, ths lid switch is bad, you will need to replace it, did you test the fuse or just look at it?
I just looked at it and it appeared to be intact with no breaks, etc. Where is the lid switch, is it easy to get at or will I need a technician? I would like to follow up tomorrow before I commit to paying you. Thanks for your help so far.
well the lid switch can be difficult to get to. we can pick this up tomorrow if you wish, I will be signing off shortly anyway.
Ok thanks!
great, I'll be on after 7 am est. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX tomorrow, Bryan
Bryan, I'm back.....Can you tell me how I can remove the top or side panel to get at the lid switch. I can see the lid arms moving back and fourth and I assume this is where the switch is.
Thanks,
good morning. you have the front panel off correct?
Yes, front panel is off.
okay make sure the machine is unplugged, take screws # XXXXX out, and slide the top forward , its been a while since I've worked on one of these (*older machine) if it doesnt move let me know, the top should come forward and the you can unplug the entire top I believe.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX it a try and let you know.
okay
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks for all your help. We're giving up ourselves and having a repairman fix it.
okay sorry my computer is locking up. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician