I have a 2 year old Samsung refrigerator with freezer on the…

I have a 2 year...
I have a 2 year old Samsung refrigerator with freezer on the bottom. The water dispenser is still giving out water but ice is not being made. There is a clicking sound as if it is trying to make ice. We called Samsung and were told to remove filter and put on Power Freeze. That... Read full answer
I have a 2 year old Samsung refrigerator with freezer on the bottom. The water dispenser is still giving out water but ice is not being made. There is a clicking sound as if it is trying to make ice. We called Samsung and were told to remove filter and put on Power Freeze. That was 2 days ago and it did nothing. Do you have any suggestions?
Answered in 5 days by:
7/7/2011
Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

Is the clicking noise coming from the icemaker itself? These units have horrible luck with the icemaker so that may be the issue.

Robert :

Also, you said you hit the reset button on the icemaker. Did you push it or hold it for about 5 seconds? What happened when you pushed it?

Customer:

The clicking noise is coming from the ice maker. I was told to hold the reset button for 8 seconds and turn the freezer on Power Freeze, also to remove the filter. Nothing happened. The info was from customer service at Samsung.

Robert :

Ok. You will have to replace that icemaker. It is not a hard job and takes about 10 minutes to do the whole job.

Robert :

The part number you will need is DA97-05422A.

Customer:

How difficult is this and about how much will it cost? Is this common for the ice maker to die after such a short time?

Robert :

It is not difficult to remove. 2 screws holding it on. 1 plug and 1 ground wire. Nice and easy. They are usually around 125 but I found one on amazon for less. Here is the link:

Customer:

Tell me how this works now. Do I purchase the part and see if the icemaker now functions? Do I pay you now and just hope this all works?

Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
We have had a Samsung fridge with water and ice dispenser
Hello Pearl, We have had a Samsung fridge with water and ice dispenser for a few years now and have been very happy with it since day one. A couple days ago a fridge temperature ( set up at 5 degrees … read more
Austin
Austin
I HAVE A kITCHEN aIDE REGRIGERATOR MODEL KFC022EVBL5. Two
I HAVE A kITCHEN aIDE REGRIGERATOR MODEL KFC022EVBL5. … read more
Appliance Technician,
Have an ice maker problem with my samsung refrigerator model
have an ice maker problem with my samsung refrigerator model # RF267AERS. … read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Stop searching for answers—
I have a maytag French door bottom freezer with the ice and
I have a maytag French door bottom freezer with the ice and water are outside the door.Maybe about 6 mo. ago, while still on warranty, my ice maker had to be replaced. My warranty has expired. The col… read more
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
I have a GE refrigerator with Smart Water dispenser. Recently
I have a GE refrigerator with Smart Water dispenser. Recently replaced filter, but now water will not dispense. Is there something I can do without pulling everything apart?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a maytag side by side fridge (MSD2655HEW) and the water
I have a maytag side by side fridge (MSD2655HEW) and the water dispenser is really slow. It worked fine for 2-3 days after filter replacement and then slowed to a trickle. I tried replacing the filter… read more
Tech/owner,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
The icicle issue has been resolved and I thank you for it.
The icicle issue has been resolved and I thank you for it. The issue I have now is water flow from the water dispenser. The refrigerator dispenses crushed ice and cubed ice well but the water flow is … read more
Tech/owner,
I just changed the water filter and now it does not work. There
I just changed the water filter and now it does not work. There was no problem changing it. The fridge is less than a year old. The ice maker still works. I put the old filter back and still not water… read more
Barry G.
Barry G.
I have a french door Samsung refrigerator with bottom freezer
I have a french door Samsung refrigerator with bottom freezer - Model #RF268AB. Recently I had to empty out the ice makers on the top and bottom freezers. The top one is for the ice and water dispense… read more
Robert
Robert
Home Appliance Technician,
My Frigidaire refrigerator's icemaker is not working.
My Frigidaire refrigerator's ice maker is not making ice. When I lift the arm for ice making, water drains from the refrigerator onto the floor from below the refrigerator. The water dispenser on the … read more
Owner,
I have a Whirlpool Side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with water
I have a Whirlpool Side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with water and ice bells and whistles. Model #ED5FEXSSOO Serial #ST2059334. This unit was installed in 2006. When the compressor comes on I hear a … read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a GE GSS25XSPABS with a Smart Water Plus system which
I have a GE GSS25XSPABS with a Smart Water Plus system which houses a MWF cartridge. The icemaker is the intigrated system with auger. The refrigerator was purchased new several years ago but I never … read more
Tech/owner,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a GE side by side refrigerator, Model Number GSL25JFTA
I have a GE side by side refrigerator, Model Number GSL25JFTA BS, Serial Number DL218235. The water dispenser in the door will not dispense water. When the dispense lever is depressed, you can hear th… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a GE Adora side by side regfrigerator Model #DSS25KSRBSS. It
I have a GE Adora side by side regfrigerator Model #DSS25KSRBSS. It has the electronic switch panel going from water to crushed to cubed on the outside of the freezer door. The ice maker works perfect… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator (EES25LGNA WW) with ice
I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator (EES25LGNA WW) with ice maker/water dispenser. I replaced the water filter a couple days ago and everything worked fine. Today, the refrigerator no longer is disp… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
kitchen aid ksrg22fkss03 no water out of the door dispenser,
kitchen aid ksrg22fkss03 no water out of the door dispenser, ice is working fine, motor seems to be coming on… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
we have a samsung sr2029dss fridge freezer the temp light started
we have a samsung sr2029dss fridge freezer the temp light started to flash and freezer compartment won't freeze, temp light indicates 8 however the bottom two compartments still have frozen items in t… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a three-year-old stainless steel GE Profile side-by-side
I have a three-year-old stainless steel GE Profile side-by-side refrigerator and freezer with auto-icemaker and ice/water dispenser. Two months ago, I had the icemaker replaced because it stopped maki… read more
Tech/owner,