John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Matag washer portion of stacking unit will not run

Hi I'm John I will help you with the problem.

Can you get water to enter the washer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
John, thx for response. No I cannot get water into washer. I can hear timer ticking and the dryer will run but nothing else...

Remove the two screws at the bottom front panel and pull the bottom towards you remove the front panel and check the fuse number 3 if its blown replace the fuse it should fix the problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
let me go try that right now. I'll return...I'm back. There is only one fuse and it is mildly corroded. I cannot see any evicdence of it being blown (blackness) but then I cannot see any filiment inside either. What is the value of that fuse...
If you don't see a filament in the glass fuse its blown you can check that by joining the two wires together if water enters the washer replace the fuse.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
...let me try that. I may be a few minutes as I have to reinstall the timer...I'll be back...What is the value of that fuse..
Its a 250 volt 3 amps I think its printed on the fuse .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Jumping the fuse worked and he washer filled with water but has sinced stopped again. Now what...?

http://www.partselect.com/PS2003101-Whirlpool-12001514-Switch-Assembly-with-Fuse.htm?Inventory=2003101&SourceCode=4if it worked and now it doesnt replace the lid switch assembly it should fix the problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm curious that the lid switch now needs replacing. Why? This is a holiday weekend so I won't get a switch now until Monday, maybe Saturday. Where does this switch live and can I jump it as well? I thought the fuse problem was solved and accepted your answer and authorized payment. What happens now that I've paidyou and the problem still exists...

The check switch number 17 is the problem and it comes with the lid switch assembly , you have to pull the washer out to get at the lid switch .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have to drop this for awhile and go out. Can I pick this up again tomorrow.? How do I reach you...
You can save this to your favorites and get back to me that way.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Excellant. You've been great. thx for your help so far. I'll get back to you tomorrow...
ok, Have a great day.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will I be talking to you and how do I ID you...d
You will be talking to me it wont go to anybody else.