Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Bosch dishwasher doesnt drain. The kitchen sink is not

My Bosch dishwasher doesn't drain. The kitchen sink is not clogged. The filters at the bottom of the dishwasher are not blocked. There are no kinks in the drain hose. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That didn't work. I don't really feel comfortable pulling the unit out from under the counter so I guess I just need to call for a service visit. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok well unfortunately I can't pull the dishwasher out for you but I wish you the best of luck.