Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Just purchased a brandnew Kenmore 13243 Dishwasher but it doesnt

Customer Question
Just purchased a brandnew Kenmore...
Just purchased a brandnew Kenmore 13243 Dishwasher but it doesn't work. All wire connections @ buttom panel were tested & found true. Touch pad on the door doesn't respond when touched.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/1/2011
Appliance Technician: Mike, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Do you see any lights on the control panel lit of is it dead?
Control Panel on door doesn't lightup.
Can you give me the full model number from the sticker around the door, will look like this 665.12345678
Model # XXXXX Ser# XXXXX
Have you taken the cover off where the power hooks up removed the wire nuts and checked the wire nuts plus the wires? this is something that is generally overlooked.
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
What else do you need? Am only a DIYer homeowner
Did you check the power hook up as I suggested in my last post?
Where is that located?
You would take the panel off under the door (1 screw either side) once this is off you will see a metal box where the wires go into, this is where the power hooks up. Shut the breaker off then take the cover off and wire nuts, check the wires for shorts or breaks, also check the wire nuts for scorching or damage.
I will allow the Sears tech to handle this when he arrives. Scheduled for today. An app't was scheduled yesterday.
Ok have a great weekend.
Mike, Home Appliance Technician