The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a Maytag Neptune washer model MAH4000AWW. The drum will

I have a Maytag Neptune washer model MAH4000AWW. The drum will not spin and the door lock indicator is on. After about a minute or so the washer shuts off. The pump works and will drain the machine. The belt is in good condition.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 6 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

This sounds like a bad door lock indicator switch. Please giove me a minuet to look this up for you.
Thank you.

Customer:

The door lock works!

Customer:

The motor does not!

The Home Smithy :

Ok I am uploading a service manual for you to work from. What you will have to do is run through the troubleshooting flow chart to determine which component has failed.

The Home Smithy :

Please click here to download the manual. Go to page 3-6 & 3-7 for the flow chart. You will need a volt ohm meter to do the required testing.
If you are not comfortable doing the testing then anyone that is handy with mechanical things can do the testing with this manual handy.

The Home Smithy :

The door lock itself is not the problem. It is the door lock "indicator switch" that has failed.

The Home Smithy :

The manual has complete diagnostics and repair information to fix the unit.

The Home Smithy :

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
After you accept, please leave feedback.
Thank you.