Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My Dryer stopped working after we left the dryer door open

My Dryer stopped working after we left the dryer door open for an extended period.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My wife left the Dryer door wide open for about 20 minutes after taking a load of clothes out of it. Now it won't come on. The inside light works but that is all.

open the door, press and hold the door switch and start switch while turning the drum and tell me if thats makes it start please
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Well... I tried a few times but no response.

the light is the only thing working?
if you listen to the timer when you have it set and the door shut do you hear it ticking?.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. Sometimes.
you are getting 110V so the timer and lights work but not getting 220V which it needs to start, run and heat, you are having problems with the breaker so cut it off, count to 30, flip back on hard and try it, if still don't work then you will need to check the outlet, cord and power block on back of the dryer, if all is fine there then you will need a hands on tech with his meters to trace out the problem, just leaving the door open will not cause this so she didn't break the dryer ,,, thanks