Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

Maytag top load (SAV2655AWW) washer that is leak from where

Customer Question

Maytag top load (SAV2655AWW) washer that is leak from where the transmission go's into tub. What needs to be replaced to fix the leak???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 6 years ago.

Repairman1981 :

You need to replace your "Triple lip seal" However you will need some special tools and you have to pull the transmission to do this

Repairman1981 :

Unfortunately this is a job you would be better off hiring out, if you can get someone to let you borrow the tools I don't mind walking you through it

Repairman1981 :

But you will need a bearing puller, and a spring tool, and a triple lip seal bearing tool

Repairman1981 :

If you can get the tools I'm happy to walk you through it, but with a 150.00 part and about 400.00 worth of tools it's not worth doing yourself

Customer :

I can rent the tools at a part store near by.

Repairman1981 :

Honestly I'm not sure

Repairman1981 :

I know the parts houses in nashville don't rent them, but I'm pretty sure if someone called me and asked I would rent mine out, so I would say MAYBE on that one

Repairman1981 :

Not a firm yes. Because I don't know anywhere to send you to for it