Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer. The type is 580. Mod -

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio...
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer. The type is 580. Mod - WTW6600SW1 Ser- CT4172596. It has started to show F1 when I turn it on and sometimes it does it in the middle of a cycle. I have to turn it off and then turn on again. Sometimes I have to turn it off and on several times before it will start. Also I always redistribute the load. What is wrong with this thing? I looked at the brochure that came with it and it doesn't mention an F1.

Thanks for your help.

Ruby
6/30/2011
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F1 means that your main control board just has an internal short. You can unplug the unit and that will reset the error sometimes, but the error will come back shortly even if it resets. You need to replace the control board to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order.

CLICK HERE

Do I have to call a repairman to replace the part or can I do it myself?

you can definitely do it yourself if you're handy. Below is a link to a video that shows you how.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc