Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

I have a Kenmore 90 series electric dryer model number 110.60907990

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 90 series electric dryer model number: 110.60907990 Serial Number: MJ3102047. The dryer has performed flawlessly for 12 years. Today while running it simply shut off. It will not restart. Checked breaker box for tripped breaker. Breaker not tripped. Not sure how to trouble shoot appliances. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!! -Brad
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 6 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name is Tim, I can help you with your issue.

Tim Alan :

Chances are the thermal fuse is blown, when those go it cuts power to the motor and it acts just like it's dead.

Tim Alan :

The thermal fuse is located on the back of the unit, bto access remove the rear panel on the back and the thermal fuse is on the left hand side mounted to the blower housing.

Tim Alan :

Full Size Image

Tim Alan :

Check that your back panel does not come off, the lower panel in front comes off and the thermal fuse is on top of the blower housing item number 59