Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a Model # XXXXX dishwasher the dishes and silverwarew

I have a Model # XXXXX dishwasher the dishes and silverwarew are not getting clean. There is water in the dishwasher but none of it is getting on the lower rack for sure. I'm not sure about the top rack. Do you have an idea what the problem is?
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

make sure the hot water is set to 120 to 140 degrees and go to walmart, home depot or sears and buy some dishwasher magic or affresh and run though the dishwasher at lease 2 to 3 times and it will clean the filters, spray arms, pump and hoses and this will clean it out and it will work fine
i will be going off line in a couple minutes so if you have other questions please ask now and if not then please press the accept button for me so i may be paid ,, will be back on line in the morning ,, thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Our hot water is set at 130 degrees. I have run the dishwasher with thedishwasher Magic 3 seperate times with no luck. I also ran it 2 more times with 1 to 2 cups of vinegar. So a total of 5 times on the hottest cycle and the spray arms are still not moving.
set the spray arms where you know they set and turn it on and after it starts to wash then open the door quick and tell me if you see the arms moving of if they have moved ,, thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Each time we havr run the dishwasher we set the spray arm perpendicular to the door and each time we check it, it has not moved. Also I put a cup right side up on the upper and lower racks. No water collected in the top cup and about an inch or so in the bottom cup.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got a notice that there is a response for me but I can't see or find it.
you are going to have to replace the pump motor, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhich cost about $235 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you