Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore elite refrigerator that keeps beeping. I have

Customer Question
tried everything that I can...
I have a Kenmore elite refrigerator that keeps beeping. I have tried everything that I can find in the owners manual to make it stop beeping. But it continues to beep. Model #79575546401

Dan Micklos
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2011
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

When you unplug it and plug it back in how long till it starts to beep again?

About 30 seconds. Also I notice moisture on the top of the freezer drawer.
Are you talking about the ceiling in the freezer?
No. It has a bottom freezer drawer and the water is on top of the drawer frame.

Is the freezer door sealing okay all the way around?

Yes. I do notice rust on the bottom of the main unit where the freezer door should seal.
With the door closed on the unit top and bottom, peel back the gasket enough and see if the light is going out inside the unit with the door closed.
The light goes out on both the top and bottom.
I had time to look at this a bit closer today. It appears that when we get water from the front door, it leaks from the water resevoir and comes out of thedoor gasket. This is probably the cause for the rust. If the water gets into the gasket and freezes, is this enough to keep the door from closing all the way?
Appliance Technician: Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

Sorry but Chas had to leave.

Yes if the water gets into the gasket and freezes it can cause the seal to leak. Water expands when it freezers and can be the cause of the condensation problem you are having. Any time you see the door sweating around the seal or edge there most likely is a seal leak. This seal is very difficult to install precisely. most home handy persons go crazy trying to get them on perfectly. You may not want to replace this your self?
If it still beeps after you replace the leaking door seal:
If the doors are closed good, the lights are turning off and it still beeps, the main board # XXXXX will need to be replaced. The board is located behind the unit. It controls all the functions in this unit. This board is available at Sears PartsDirect .

Peace,God bless
Actually it seems that when I run the water it is leaking from the resevoir bottle. I have not rannwater in a few days and it stopped beeping. Is it possible to replace just the bottle?
Water tank assembly

Water Tank Assembly

Item #1334452 (OEM Part)

$29.95

graphic
Neilwill
Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician