Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Profile side by side fridge freezer, GE PSS26PSTA

I have a GE Profile side by side fridge freezer, GE PSS26PSTA SS model. Fridge shows at 56 degrees yet keeps freezing things. The water stopped running through the water line, figured it was frozen so turned off for a day to defrost. After everything thawed out and I turned back on it looked to be ok, however is now repeating behavior. Some sites I have seen are saying a $15 thermistor could be the problem. Already replaced the freezer side compressor\circuit board at $400 and dont want to have to do that again, would rather bite the bullet and get a new fridge at that point. Any ideas would be really appreciated.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Please give me just a couple of minutes to look over the diagrams for your model.

Thanks,
Barry
I am going to opt out, I am not familiar enough with the model to guide you. Another tech will be along shortly.

Barry

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Actually the part that talking about his call the thermistor you are correct. and these only $9.55 at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/WR55X10025/914093?modelNumber=PSS26PSTASS a far cry from $400.00 you've already spent on it, it's part number 237 on this diagram and is in the refrigerator section, it's located right behind this little grill, you need to replace it I hope this info is usefull, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.