Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a sub zero 561 Recently the freezer barely keeps anything

Customer Question
frozen. There used to be...
I have a sub zero 561 Recently the freezer barely keeps anything frozen. There used to be a woosh sound from the compressor area when you closed the door but that doesn't happen any more. I lowered the thermostat but that didn't help. The refridgerator works fine and the unit appears to be working the same.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/10/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

These have to compressors, one for the refrigerator section and one for the freezer section, you obviously have a problem with the compressor on the freezer side, however these are real complicated machines and you will need a technician to look at it, a lot of times these compressors either fail or lose Freon which is something you could do yourself, you need an HVAC technician to service it, I really don't like giving bad news but there's no simple fix on something like that, it's only going to get worse so the quicker you call somebody the better, especially if it's leaking Freon because it will burn up the compressor if it continues to run like that, here is the link to the subzero support page. http://www.subzero-wolf.com/contact-and-support/index.aspx I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
it was the defrost timer. the coils were frozen over and it wasnt getting good air flow. Cost $250 to repair
thats kinda high for a defrost timer to be honest, he must have used a different defrost timer because they are showing these as no longer available, he probably used a universal timer. I'm not sure what he used in this, either an 8 hour or 10 hour timer. either way we would have had a hard time finding one for it so calling a tech was the right thing to do. I'm glad it wasnt a freon or compressor issue though, that could have run $700-$1,000 dollars, thanks Bryan
looking at your timer its a 6 hour timer, I hope he put in a 6 hour timer, thats importatnt,
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician