RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  TECHNICIAN AND TEACHER
19031375

Pressure washer starts then stalls after a couple of seconds.

Customer Question

Pressure washer starts then stalls after a couple of seconds. It is a 6.75 Briggs and stratton motor on a troy-bilt washer. I held trigger down when starting to make sure no pressure build up. Sparkplug is good, oil is good, air filter is good. It wants to go but just stalls, please help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RUSS replied 6 years ago.

RUSS :

Hi, this is Russ, I'll be helping you with your problem today. THANKS! IS THIS THE FIRST RUN OF THE SEASON?

RUSS :

GO AHEAD AND TYPE YOUR REPLY...I'LL BE BACK

JACUSTOMER-1dif65qy- :

Yes

RUSS :

If you are reasonably handy, on the bottom of the carburetor is a brass nut...remove it....then fuel will flow out, allow it to flow into a can. In the threads of the brass nut is a hole...CLEAN IT COMPLETELY...then re install it. This may get you going.

RUSS :

If not, then the carb has to be removed disassembled and SOAKED in carb cleaner overnight minimum the reasssmbled. THANKS

RUSS :

IF YOU ARE NOT HANDY, PLEASE ALLOW A TECH TO DO THIS

RUSS :

IN THE FUTURE USE STABIL FOR ETHANOL IN THE FUEL AT ALL TIMES AND RUN THE ENGINE EVGERY 3 WEEKS TO HELP PREVENT THIS. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK

JACUSTOMER-1dif65qy- :

Okay Russ, I will try that

RUSS :

thanks and GOD BLESS!

RUSS :

If you remove the carburetor, draw a diagram of all parts and linkage so reassembly goes well