Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I am trying to put an IC13B icemaker in and Amana ARB2107A

Customer Question
refrigerator but can't find where...
I am trying to put an IC13B icemaker in and Amana ARB2107A refrigerator but can't find where to hook up the water valve. I have all the panels off the back and find no wiring harness?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/5/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You have the panel off in the back where the compressor is? Also in the freezer section do you have the back panel off inside the freezer? Some of these Amana refrigerators didn't come with the original icemaker so they don't have the wiring form either in that case you would have to buy the kit that has the wiring in all they call it an add on icemaker kit, but this link and you will see what I'm talking about, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/940871 your refrigerator may not have come with the wiring for the icemaker in that case you will need to put the wiring in yourself, let me know the number of the icemaker you have, thanks, Bryan

Per the above, I have an IC13B ice maker. There is a wiring connection inside the freezer but no accommodations in the back with the exception of a a white terminal junction block that does have an open connection but nothing is marked. Essentially I have the kit per your link but no wiring to go from the block (if that is indeed the right connection) to the control valve.
Okay see you don't know where the plug it into the refrigerator itself to look up the water valve correct?
That is correct. There is no pigtail anywhere as described in all the kit literature, only the white terminal junction block that has at least two other connections through but has one open slot. I am guessing that is it. If you are unsure, I can call Amana tomorrow and sort it out with them.

Thanks.
you can instal the rest of the ice maker and then take a volt meter and check for voltage as the ice maker cycles to that conector, if you get 120 volts for abou 3-5 seconds and then the voltage stops then that it, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician