John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an old Roper gas stove that the burners wont make the

Customer Question

I have an old Roper gas stove that the burners won't make the clicking sound to light. What's the trick? The oven seems to light fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Hi I'm John I will help you with the ignition problem.

please send me the model number so i may assist you better.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry, but I don't have that info. Would a picture help?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

http://midwestapplianceparts.com/stove-oven-range-58/roper-parts-62/roper-spark-modules-396/roper-gas-oven-stove-range-spark-module-3842.html

All I can do is show you the spark module and it can be located at the bottom if you pull out the bottom drawer you can see it , without the model I cant get a breakdown of the model.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The tenant living in the apartment said it was working fine. Now after it was cleaned, it doesn't work. Could something have been jarred loose during cleaning?

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

if the tenant used lots of water and got the igniter's wet it can cause the problem.

Remove the switch dials and use a hair blower to dry out the moisture it could be all you have to do.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I would rather suspend my questions until I can get a model number. Can I do that?

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Sure just save this to your favorites and when you get the model just bring me back up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you there? I would like to have the Appliance Doctor send someone to look at the stove. Can we arrange that?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Tell me where your located I will find a service person to help you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I thought you were local. We have The Appliance Doctor here in town. ???
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Thats the one to call.