rick ready
rick ready, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 29 years exp. on all makes and models just ask
26453129

Hi-My Kenmoore Elite Gas Oven/Range locked itself, and I cant

Hi-My Kenmoore Elite Gas Oven/Range locked itself, and I can't get the electronics to reset. The clock and timer are still operational, but all other functions are not working. In addition to locking, the beeping no longer works. This happened when it was not in use. I had another similar issue when somehow an ant got into the electronic face, and as it ran around, the electronics were all going off wildly, particularly the timer. I turned on the oven, in between crazy changes in commands, and the heat forced the ant to exit. Any suggestions? The oven is a couple of years old, and I would not expect the electronics to go haywire on their own at this point.

rick ready :

hello i am here to help you.

rick ready :

hello are you ther?

Customer:

Now am here-

rick ready :

first off see if you can set the clock, if you can put oven clean mode wait 30secs. then cancal it the lock should release #19 on image. ifi have helped you press accept thank you bonus is appreciated .

Full Size Image

Customer:

Hi Rick-I can reset the clock, but I can't get any response from the oven clean mode, which I already tried.

rick ready :

ok then you have one or more of the buttons on the #19 stuck re-place it . prob solved .thank you please press the accept. bonus is apprecitaded.