Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Serious problems with Whirlpool Quiet Partner #1 dishwasher.

Customer Question
Dishes coming out with dried...
Serious problems with Whirlpool Quiet Partner #1 dishwasher. Dishes coming out with dried white poweder all over them. Was informed to run putting in vinegar to clear out extra soap. Didn't work. Tried bleach. Lots of soad suds on first cycle. Tried many times and still can't dishes clean of dried up film. Please advise

Jay Gordon
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/29/2011
Appliance Technician: Mike, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

Can you open the door, set the upper spray arm so that it points from front to back, Next set a cycle and once the machine has filled and has been washing for a few minutes open the door and look to see if the spray arm on the roof of the machine is spinning or if it has significantly moved.
Hold on. I will try now.
Ok

Hey Mike. The upper arm is turning fine. NThat is not the problem. When I don't even use soap in first cycle and the water starts, there is a ton of soapy water already and it is not rinseing with clean water either.

Can you give me a model number please?
I can't find a model #. Opened door and there is no sticker on sides only on top and the only number I can find is(NNN) NNN-NNNNQuiet Partner #1
The model number will normally be on a sticker around the door jamb to the left or right not on the door. Whirlpool make 2 different types of dishwasher, I need to know what type this is.
Model # XXXXX serial #FP3231153
Ok sounds like there is calcium built up in the system, Vinegar does not really work for clearing this problem up. What you will need to do is go to home depot or lowes and buy a gallon of CLR, then start a wash and half way through filling open the door and put about half a pint of CLR in the tub. Let the machine run a full cycle and the problem should be cleared somewhat. You will then need to run some CLR through the system once a month to clear the problem completely and prevent it from coming back.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.

I just have one other question. Would the water pressure coming into the house have something to do with the water pressure in the washer wands not putting enough pressure to clean during final rinse?? Ineed a new pressure regulator my psi is only at 20% and should be at 75%
No if the wands (spray arms) are not turning this will either be a bad pump motor or a blockage in the system. This is why I had you check the upper spray arm, If not enough pressure of water is being pushed around the system this can cause detergent to be baked onto the glasses during the dry cycle.
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Thank you very much for your assistance. I am a 73 yr old senior citizen on S/S with congestive heart failure and have no extra money to give other than what I already paid. I thank you very much for your assistance Jay
Thanks! If you need any additional assistance with this problem please feel free to come back.

Your answer was satisfactory. However, did not solve problem. We really found out our problem is not unique. We read Heloise last week and someone wrote in that she was having same problem we were and Heloise answered that many other people were having the same problem. IT HAS TO DO WITH THE PHOSPHATES WHICH ARE NO LONGER IN THE CASCADE DRY POWDER OR ANY OTHER SOAP. We have to use the new soap that says H - E. The government said they can't put that stuff in any soap detergent or clothes washers any longer. The new soap doesn't suds up like the old ones did. Once I started using the new soap, it cleaned everything up. So maybe you better get with the new program about the new soaps on the market.
I never heard of that one, I will do some research

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying your answer didn't work for a few loads but the suds and the dirty dishes came back only after a few washes because the cascade has phosphates in them./

Please do not reply any longer.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician