Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I TYPED IN MY QUESTION BUT HERE IT IS AGAIN MY KENMORE ELITE

I TYPED IN MY QUESTION BUT HERE IT IS AGAIN MY KENMORE ELITE WASHER MODLE3T WILL NOT UNLOCK AND DOES NOT LET WASHER RUN I ALSO CHECKED THE WATER INLETS AND THEYN WERE OPEN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is this an he3 front loader?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES IT IS A FRONT LOADER
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok the reason the door wont open is there is still water in it. you need to remove the access panel u8nder the door and clean the pump trap out. you can see the cap in this picture, unscrew it counter clockwise slowly there will be water so get some towels ready, once its unscrewed pull it out and clear the trap. if you want to get the door open you will need to reach up inside where the door lock assembly is and pull the little ring on the bottom of the door latch assembly . when your done clearing the trap unplug the machine and plug it back in this should reset it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
bRYAN IS THE DOOR BEHIND THE BLACK PANEL BELOW THE DOOR OR DO I FIND IT IN THE BACK OF THE MACHINE. AND DOES THE FRONT PANEL JUST LIFT UP DO I NEED A SCREW DRIVER//
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well to be honest without a model # XXXXX hard to say how yours opens, there should be a panel just under the front door that is removable, there will be screws way down near the floor you remove to take the panel off, you almost have to lay on the floor to see them.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU GOT THE QUESTION ON THE LOCATION OF DRAIN . iS IT UNDER THE DOOR AND DOES THIS PANEL LIFT OFF
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes its under the door and the panel has screws holding it, you need to remove the screws at the bottom of the panel itself.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
bRYAN i NEED TO GET A SMALL SOCKET SET TO TAKE PANEL OFF THE TOOLS ARE AT MY dADS SO WILL PAY YOU AND IF tHIS DOES NOT DO IT WILL GET BACK WITH YOU