How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a kitchenaid dishwaher Ultra wash quiet guard deluxe

Resolved Question:

We have a kitchenaid dishwaher "Ultra wash quiet guard deluxe" on Wensday it just stopped working. No water is going into the machine. Its running the lines are all clear to the machine and when we put water into the machine its fine.
What do you think is the problem??
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.


Can you open the door and look on either the right or the left side and there should be a tag with the full model number on it, can you get that for me, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
MOD 665.13734K601
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay great so you can program this and press start in the motor runs but no water goes in is that correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I added water by hand and it runs!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay first thing you want to do is check the float, float is number 15 on this diagram, when I need you to do is lifted up and down and listen carefully for a click, remove the bottom dish rack and do this, make sure first off it's moving up and down freely and not stuck in the up position, also you have a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The float seems to be working fine. No I dont have a voltmeter
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok if the float is working correctly then you need to replace the electronic fill valve,this is pretty simple to replace first you must remove the bottom access panel underneath the door and the front, there will be screws to take out to remove this, the fill valve will be on the left side when looking from the front of the machine, it is number seven on the diagram, these fail all the time, I just want to check the float make sure it wasn't stuck before we went any further, disconnect the water line that comes from under the sink,(shut the water off under the sink before doing this) and remove the line at the valve in the machine, there will be a plug for the electrical that just unplugs on the valve and then either one or two screws holding the valve to the frame, once you have the valve loose pull it down and you will see a rubber hose with a clamp on it, unloosen the clamp pull the hose off and replace the valve in reverse of instructions above, you can order this valve at the following link, or if you have a warehouse close by that sells appliance parts they will probably have it, I hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How easy is it to do. I live in an apartment complex and could get a handy man to do this. But if you think its doable by a lay person then I will.

Would a home depot have this part??

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Well it's pretty easy to do, you can do this yourself, just shut the power off to the machine, remove the access panel below the door in the front and you will see it on the left side, it will most likely have a copper line from your sink connected to it just make sure you shut off the water under the sink before disconnecting this line, otherwise it's real simple there's nothing else but one other rubber hose and one plug on the valve, I don't believe Home Depot will have it sorry, they don't sell many appliance parts or at least not those I don't believe but I guess it couldn't hurt to call him and ask, here is the factory part number which will make it easier for you to locate this, W10219505 you can do this yourself it's not a real big job, thanks, Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you