Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE WHDSR3160WW...I NEED TO CHECK THE AGITATOR BELT....HOW

I have a GE WHDSR3160WW...I NEED TO CHECK THE AGITATOR BELT....HOW DO I GET TO IT..MY WASHER DOESN'T HAVE A BACK PLATE.....LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO GO IN THROUGH THE FRONT BUT I DON'T LIKE TO BULLDOG SHEET METAL.......
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

The front panel does remove on this, there are two clips about 3 inches in from each side along the top between the front panel in the top of the washer, these clips are number 373 on this diagram, the best way to get these is a putty knife, slide the putty knife straight in with the clips are and pushed the clips up pulling out on the top of the front panel as you do this, this will release the top clips, then just lean the front forward from the top and lift that off the bottom clips, the belt will be directly in the middle front on the bottom under the motor in will be around the clutch assembly in the main pulley, hope this information is useful the belt is number 603 in this diagram, thanks and well wishes, Bryan