Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Jenn Air oven model WM27260. Oven is inopt. With door closed

Jenn Air oven model WM27260. Oven is inopt. With door closed control panel is blank, open door and interior lite stays off, turn lite sw on lite comes on.
turn lite sw on with door open lite comes on and control panel lites up and works normal and oven starts to heat up. but close door and lite stays on but control panel goes blank and oven stops heating
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do this open the door and turn the light switch on and well the control panel is lit up set it to bake and then push the light switch button on the door where it closes in and see if the clock goes off, this is the switch I'm talking about, tell me if the clock stops working when you press this in, leave the oven door open while you do this

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the clock goes off, and the interior lite stays on

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay this is a real strange problem but I think that switch is bad, the problem is it's showing no longer available, this switch however is a pretty common switch, if you can shut the power off to the oven and remove the switch there may be a number on it that will cross-reference to a new switch or you can take it to a local supply house and see if they can match it up, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There are 2 door switches 1 is in the middle and the other is on the rt side, i think you are talking about the one on the right. I can go to Fox Appliance Parts and get the sw. let me know which sw? I will approve this if that fixes the problem when I install it.

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
its hardf for me to say which one, I cant even bring up the diagrams of the switches on the oven, I would bring them both and have them tested there, they have meters and can telkl you if one is bad, also there is a switch on the door lock assemble that could be an issue. I would have them tested first before going forward.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have been trying to get a wiring diagram but can't find one, do you have access to one that you could send me.

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I can't find one either, a lot of times however there is one in the oven itself, sometimes right behind the control panel if you remove it, other times it's under the top which means you would have to take the oven out to get to it, this is a pretty old oven is that correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I replaced both switches and still the problem
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I still have the same problem
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
if you replaced the switches its the control board,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I hit the accept button by mistake, I don.t want to pay until my problem is fixed
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
That's fine, I'm going to opt out and I will request a refund for you, good luck and well wishes, Bryan