Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool built in Microwave in our home and it will

Customer Question
run for just a couple...
I have a Whirlpool built in Microwave in our home and it will run for just a couple seconds and then it stops. If we wait for an hour, it will run again but then it appears as it gets some use again (60 seconds), it starts the same thing. Can this be fixed?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/5/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

your high voltage transformer is overheating. the problem is its no longer available from what I can see, your better off replacing the microwave at this point, in fact most of the parts are unavailable for this unit. you would be wasting your money having a service tech look at this and tell you they cant get the parts. microwaves are a lot cheaper to replace then repair, hope this info helps, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks for such a quick response.
How do you know that no parts are available for this unit? Is there some web services that tells you that?

I looked it up in my database, I do service and have access to millions of parts but they say this is no longer available, I checked 5 of my suppliers and no one has it, they all say dicontinued, even if it was available it would run around $172.00 which would make the repaire with service and labor around $300.00, dorry for the bad news, thanks Bryan

Brian. I wish you well and will click 'accept answer' below. Have a great day.
thank you, have a great day, well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician