Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

amana ASD2622HRS refrigerator makes a loud buzzing sound about

Customer Question
every 2 minutes. I tracked...
amana ASD2622HRS refrigerator makes a loud buzzing sound about every 2 minutes. I tracked the sound to be around the compressor. I replaced the overload/ relay and its still happening. What do i do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/3/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

if you replaced the relay and overload and the noise is comming form that still then the compressor is shot. how old is this? this isnt cooling correct?

No it stopped cooling after the sounds started speeding up. The buzz happens every 2.08 min now. The machine is 6 years old.
Unfortunately, you compressor has failed, I just got done looking at your warranty information and it's not covered unfortunately, in fact the entire refrigerator was only covered for one year, it used to be five years on the compressor but they found they were replacing a lot of compressors and it was costing them a lot of money so they drop the warranty to one year, to replace the compressor in your refrigerator will probably run you between $650-$700 so it this point I would seriously consider replacing the refrigerator, I really hate giving people bad news and I'm really sorry but it's definitely the compressor that's gone, wish I could do more for you, but I hope this information helps you make a decision, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
OH NO.... There's no way it could be some sort of a timer issue?
Unfortunately no, it is getting power to the relay obviously , the relay is trying to start the compressor which it cannot so it's not going to be a timer issue, I know this is terrible news six years old this is really bad, you can try contacting Amana but I'm sure they're gonna tell you there is no warranty still on this, sorry, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician