hitechapp
hitechapp, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  4 years in the trade
24836155

Hi, I have a fisher and paykel intuitive washing machine that

Customer Question

Hi, I have a fisher and paykel intuitive washing machine that shows it has a error code 49.
I have had a look on the net and it looks like it is the cold water valve.Is it as simple as removing the old one and replacing it with a new one,or is there more to it.I have already taken the old valve out .the machine is about 7-8 yers old and has had the water pump replaced 3 months ago,do you think it is time for a new washing machine or is it worth spending the money on and fixing it

Thanks for your time & advice.

Regards, John
Category: Appliance
Expert:  hitechapp replied 6 years ago.

hitechapp :

its a simple fix. these tend to fail. easy fix.

JACUSTOMER-ydb6gmqm- :

Hi, do I just replace old valve with a new one

hitechapp :

yes

JACUSTOMER-ydb6gmqm- :

any idea on the cost of a new valve and is it the cold water valve not the hot one as I swaped them over and the code 49 still came up

hitechapp :

it replace both. the r sepetate on most models

JACUSTOMER-ydb6gmqm- :

So you are saying i should replace both hot and cold water valves not just the cold water valve

hitechapp :

well if u swaped them and get the problem id just replace both

JACUSTOMER-ydb6gmqm- :

so i just remove the old valves and replace with new ones and that will fix the problem, There is nothing more to do ,Nothing has to be reset.???

hitechapp :

try hot wash and try cold wash. rince is usually cold rinse anyways

hitechapp :

but its usually the cold one

JACUSTOMER-ydb6gmqm- :

I have tryed hot wash only and cold wash only and the error still comes up, is it normal for both valves to fail at the same time or could it be a fault some were else,i have checked the connections and thay look ok.