Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

My Samsung Fridge was smelling very warm. I took the back off

Customer Question

My Samsung Fridge was smelling very warm. I took the back off and found out the fan was not turning. After sucking the dog hair out and spraying silicon in it turning again. The compressor however is very hot. I have my shop fan blowing on it to cool it down.My question is should it be that hot and if so does it mean my fridge is fixing to go out?
thanks,
Sud
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your fridge...I would not trust the fan motor to work after freezing up..Some point later on down the road it might fail on you..The compressor should not be hot...The fan motor is what cools the compressor..Best thing to do is unplug the unit..Let it cool down then plug back in..If the fan not working was the problem then once you replug in ..You will be ok..Thanks Bob
Please accept my answer for my time helping you..Or let me know if you have any further questions..Thanks Bob