How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bob L Your Appl Pal Your Own Question
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 7548
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bob L Your Appl Pal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Maytag model MDB9100AWW dishwasher. WAter leaks very

Resolved Question:

I have a Maytag model MDB9100AWW dishwasher. WAter leaks very slowly down the float stem. I ordered and received a new float which looks exactly like the old one. How do I remove the old and replace it with the new?. The old one goes up and down as I lift it and I dont see any set screws or retainer clips. I am afraid of forcefully pulling the old one out and possibly damage or break something underneat. Is this a snap in or friction fit part? When I look under the factory replacement part there seems to be a keyway typy slot at the far end of the unit. Please help.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your dishwasher..Remove the float switch #29 first..It can be located underneath behind the front bottom kickplate..Remove the kickplate will give you full access to remove the float..

Bob L Your Appl Pal and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you