How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chas Your Own Question
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 16453
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Chas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an old magic chef gas range that I need a top burner

Customer Question

I have an old magic chef gas range that I need a top burner control valve. The inside plate under the top only has a model number 100-3w. Parts places say it is not valid. The stove is about 20 years old can you help
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Where did you get this model number at?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
under the top lid on the gas range and there is a serial number. I need the burner control valve and can not find one
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
are you there
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
There is no letters in front of the model number you gave me?

Also can I have the complete serial number?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no letters in front the serial number is XXXXX
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Are all the burners the same size on your range?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No I think the back ones are a lower BTU

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Which burner you need the control for?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The front left. There is btu rating on the tag and it is 12500
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
I found part number 74002455, to be the correct one for your range, You can order the parts you need from the following places,,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thats not it. It does not screw into the manifold. It has 2 scres that hold it into the cast iron manifold
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry, I will opt out and hopefully another expert will be able to find the part you need.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thanks