John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a frigidaire side by side refrigerator freezer. My

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire side by side refrigerator freezer. My power went out and when it came back on, the refrigerator is giving an E F code in the electronic panels, for the refrigerator and freezer settings. Could you possibly help? Thanks, David
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Hello David my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Please look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Barry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My refrigerator is approximately three years old. The model # XXXXX XXXXX serial # XXXXX XXXXX Thanks for your help, David.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
You are welcome, Have you tried unplugging the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if it will reset? Also is your refrigerator cold in the freezer as normal cold is? If not can you hear anything operating?

Barry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The refrigerator or freezer are not cold and I can not hear anything. I have unplugged the refrigerator and will wait 5 minutes to see what happens. Thanks, David

Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
You are welcome. I hope that will reset the control board.

Barry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just plugged the refrigerator back up, could hear sound for short time and then shut off, E F are still on the control settings.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX looking in the manual.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
I do not have a manual that includes the code. I don't want to start guessing. I will opt out and let another tech who has them try. Have a nice Sunday David.

Barry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX for more information.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
The compressor is not operating either? Nothing?

Barry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

When you plug it up the compressor and fan runs for a minute or less and then shuts off. No, nothing, fan nor compressor, just shows E F in the codes.

Are we still getting help with my problem??

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Am I still getting any help, have not heard from anyone in a while? Thanks, David

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Please let me know if anyone is still trying to help me with my problem. Thanks, David
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

EF is an evaporator fan motor error, if it does not sense the evap fan running it will shut down, you will need to replace this fan motor. This is part number 241509402, You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory