Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

ge refrigerator model gts22wcp The freezer seems to be working

Customer Question
ge refrigerator model gts22wcp The freezer...
ge refrigerator model gts22wcp

The freezer seems to be working fine but the temperature in the refrigerator is 52 degrees. I vacuumed the coils, both compressor fan and freezer fan are working properly, and I defrosted it for 2 1/2 hours.

Still the temp in the fridge is still 52.

What can be wrong?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/22/2011
Appliance Technician: gst85, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician

gst85 :

hi can you feel air blowing out of the vent in the frudge section?

Customer: In the fridge or freezer
gst85 :

fridge

gst85 :

are you stil there

Customer: Yes at the bottom. There is no vent inside the fridge.
gst85 :

can you see any frost build up at the freezer wall

Customer: Not anymore. I defrosted it.
Customer: There was very little frost before I defrosted
gst85 :

ok it seems that you have a defrost issue

gst85 :

which is why you are having to manually defrost it

Customer: What's the solution?
gst85 :

you ejther have a bad defrost thermostat or heater

gst85 :

replacing them both woud be a good idea

Customer: Any idea what the average repair bill might be?
gst85 :

replacing those parts areant that exspensive id say parts and labor a ruff estamate $150 to$ 200

Customer: Ok thanks
gst85 :

if i have been helpful to you pressing accept pays me thank you

gst85 :

sure

gst85 :

please leave feedback

gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
gst85
gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician