How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have amana bottom freezer with ice maker and water spout

Resolved Question:

i have amana bottom freezer with ice maker and water spout purchased in fall 2008. I found a puddle of water on thew floor in kitchen. I pulled refrigereator out from wall and there is water on floor near middle of where fridge was sitting.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.


let me check your diagrams and I'll be back in a bit, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

is the pan # XXXXX on this diagram full of water?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If you submitted a diagram I am unable to see it.

I have checked the specs etc in my owmers manual: do not see a drip pan. (My OLD fridge did have one.)

Customer: replied 6 years ago. the diagram. Do I have to undo the back panel to see this pan?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes usually you do its in the back. there will also be a defrost tube that you need to make sure is over the pan.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I tried to unscew the hexagonal scews but do not have right tools.

If there IS water in the pan what does this mean?


What would be the causes of a leak?



Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well if theres water full in the pan you may have a water line leak undernieth, if not the tube may be out of place, you really need to get the back off to take a look. let me know when you can. thanks Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you