How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an old Norge Commercial dryer. Model number 339-413-5,

Resolved Question:

I have an old Norge Commercial dryer. Model number 339-413-5, serial number 9722. I need to replace the burner unit. I've tried several parts websites, but they can not find that model (ie its too old). Do you have any suggestions? Is there another model that had a similar burner unit that I could use?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.


Is this gas or electric?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.



Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Are you looking for this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No. Those look more like valves. I need the burner. It's two long tubes (maybe 20 inches long) with four rows of holes where the flame comes out. It's made from a thin metal.


Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Well the problem is if this is what you need it's no longer available unfortunately, in one out of exact model number I wouldn't be able to even search for it anywhere else, you can see if there is a number stamped on it though but that's the only way we could possibly find it, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The picture you sent is closer but not an exact replacement. Where the flame comes out, the holes are elongated (not like a gas grill or gas fireplace where the holes are directly in the pipe). Is this elongation in the configuration necessary to create the proper flame and heat? Can I replace it with a round tube with holes in it and get a similar result?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately no you can't replace this with a different part, the gas pressure and valve require you use the same part in replacing, otherwise the flame can be either too large or too small and could possibly cause an explosion if it doesn't light correctly, unfortunately the only choice you may have is to bring this to appliance parts warehouse and see if they can match it up, otherwise replacing the machine is your only other option, I wish I had better news but like I said most of these parts are no longer available and unless it's sitting on a shelf in a warehouse somewhere where you can take your part to you cant order one online, sorry for the bad news, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you