How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

No apparent power to Boach washer

Resolved Question:

No apparent power to Boach washer
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.


Nothing lights up at all? This is completely dead?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No lights on display panel of washer at all.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Okay, means the main control board has failed, it will need to be replaced, do you have a voltmeter and tools to take this machine apart? It's important to check the power going into this board before replacing it, this is an expensive part and if you don't have the tools to check it you may want to call a Bosch technician in to make sure this is the issue, according to the service manual it saying replace the main control board, it's not sending any power up to your interface, the interface is the control that lights up where you set the wash cycles, you can purchase this board at the following link, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan.


Before replacing anything plug a lamp or something into the outlet the washer is plugged into and make sure there's no power interruption between the breaker and the receptacle, picture or something else works and unplugged before doing this.

Bryan and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you