How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, restaurant equipment technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have an old NuTone Food Center built into our tile counter.

Customer Question

We have an old NuTone Food Center built into our tile counter. I is model 251. Solid State control and is says "Scovill" on a corner of the base. I dropped the plastic container and want to replace it.
Please advise.
Jean Marachant [email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

If you type the words 'newtone food center' into your search engine, you'll be given websites that have those parts available.


If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

From the information I find on the internet, NuTone does not manufacture the food centers any longer. I was hoping the model 272, advertised on eBay might also fit your model.

For further information on the subject, go to

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did you find out if model 272 fits in a model 251 base? If not, it would not help us. I tried going to and could not find out that information. Thank you for trying.