How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

SHE 46 continues to fill with water without cutting off. With

Customer Question

SHE 46 continues to fill with water without cutting off. With unit off, water continues to fill to overflow. Must turn on and drain about every 20 minutes or there is an overflow onto the floor. With unit on, drain continues running even with door open. Had to cut off water supply from house. Is this water inlet valve problem? Can I replace the water inlet valve myself? Has been replaced before. If replaceable, what is the part number. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.


You will need to replace the electronic water inlet valve,this is located in the front left corner under the door, there will be a panel you need to remove to gain access to it, you can order this part at the following blue link, hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this a replacement that one with moderate skill can do? Are any special tools required?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it's not real difficult to do, once you get the panel off under the door the access panel, there are two screws that hold this in, a plug, the water line from the sink and one to the tub, that's really it, I'm sure if you pull a panel off and take a look at it you will see what I'm talking about, just make sure you shut the water off under the sink and the circuit breaker to the machine, I believe you can take care this yourself, the only special tool you need would be a set of torx screwdrivers which are fairly cheap at any hardware store or Lowe's, thanks, Bryan