Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

why does my dometic rm2611 keep switching from electric to

gas...
why does my dometic rm2611 keep switching from electric to gas
4/7/2011
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

it sounds like this is in auto mode,

AES/AUTO MODE

The AES/AUTO mode of operation takes priority over all other operating modes. If more than one mode

selector button (2), (3) or (4) is in the down position, the priority is from left to right.

When operating in this mode, the AES/AUTO mode indicator lamp (A) will illuminate. In this mode the

control system will automatically select the energy source with AC having top priority, DC second priority

and GAS third priority. If the control system has selected a particular energy source such as AC, and then

it becomes unavailable, it will automatically seek out the next available energy source.

Press the AES/AUTO mode selector button (2) to the DOWN position. Indicator lamp (A) should illuminate.

Indicator lamp (D), (E) or (F) should also illuminate indicating which energy source the control has

selected.

Press the TEMPERATURE SELECTOR button (5) until the lamp at the desired position is illuminated.

try thtis. Let me

know, thanks Bryan
Yes it is in auto mode and periodically it will switch to gas mode on its own. Today it shut down completely. I don't know that much about fridges but am thinking that some switch needs to be replaced.
Okay did you try taking them out of auto mode? Via the instructions above?
Not sure what you are talking about. I only have a ac and gas modes. If I turn off the auto it goes directly to gas. I prefer to run electric and would like to fix what is wrong. I have no problem replacing parts just need to know how to diagnose the where the problem is.
Okay the control look like this? graphic
I already know how to do that I need to know how to fix the problem so it won't keep changing modes or shutting off. I have had no power failures to associate this to. In all due respect I already know how to turn it on and change modes I want to fix it!!!
Well if it keeps switching and you got everything in the right position on the switches you will need to replace the control itself, I wasn't inferring that you didn't know how to run this I just want to make sure before I told you the problem that you have done what it says to do, if it doesn't work correctly the control is bad and will switch back and forth between gas and electric, change the control board and your problem will be solved, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician