How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sharp Carousel Microwave/Convection Oven My Sharp has a thick

Customer Question

Sharp Carousel Microwave/Convection Oven: My Sharp has a thick "sticker" that covers the holes where the light sits behind. That sticker is now peeling back a bit (after years of use) and I am not certain whether it is a needed protectant to keep moisture out of that 'area' of the Sharp - or, if it should have been removed years ago (i.e. a packaging cover, etc.)
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.


do you have a model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sharp R1875 1.1 cu. ft.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you tell me which part your talking about on this daigarm ?is it part# XXXXX?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's difficult to tell - because none of these pieces appear to be perforated (air/light holes) like in my unit. It is a rigid piece of tape - NOT a plastic shield as 4-36 appears <note there is no 'catch' for it to latch into, etc.> - that covers the perfs just below 1-20. Hope that helps.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
it is underneath the microwave on the lights for the stove below?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry - is INSIDE the microwave/convection area. And, there is an internal lightbulb that illuminates the interior of the oven when cooking. This plastic/tape is on the outside of the perforated metal (this is the interior walls of oven) and would appear to keep moisture/splatter out of that area...BUT, is not 'industrial' enough to appear to be long-lasting and there are several other perforated areas that do not have any sort of protection/covering (i.e. near convection unit, etc.).
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
does it look like this? its hard to see but its clear plastic correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes - except brownish and "cooked" haha
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.



OK - so the part has arrived - it is --of course-- not the correct one (haha) and not returnable. I am now debating whether part # 04-43 is the sticker-like option I need to cover the light open/perforations?



Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
that very well could b, th ediagrams are so vague its hard o tell. but it looks like it could be.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you know/have access to the link to the part/order page for that item on the Sears site? I am unable to find it via "search". Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
bad news on that, they dont show it available, heres the part # though, PFILWA035WRE0 heres a link that say they have it, hope this helps, thanks Bryan