Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a maytag washer that is about 35 years old. The dolly

Customer Question

I have a maytag washer that is about 35 years old. The dolly hasn't been off in several year; however, I did used to take it off once in awhile and give it a good cleaning. I have used fleecy or downy for a long time, too. I am embarassed to say that I did wash my garden carrots (after a real good hosing off outside) for 2 or 3 years.

I now have a squeek in my dolly. I have also lost an earring which could be stuck under the dolly.....it started squeeking just about the time I lost the earring. That same morning, I put my sheets into the wash....before I realized the earring was missing.

My question to you is.....how can I get the dolly out to check under it. I can't pull it off, it's too stuck. I await your reply.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

are you trying to remove the agitator ? in the middle of the tub? if so there is a 1/4" nuthead screw in the side near the bottom, you can see it in the picture, your agitator may look different. (maybe green) can you get me a model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am new to your format so did not understand how to properly respond.

My model number is Maytag A107 and the serial number is 032868UW

The dolly used to just pull off but like I said, it has been a few years since I last had it off. I need to know what I can do to "unstick it" if you know what I mean.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, not the dolly. Mine is green. I have a fabric softener container in the top of the . You dolly can lift it out to fill it. You can also lift out a larger piece which is a lint trap. It has a hole in the bottom of that piece.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi, I am still waiting to hear back from you. Are you stumped???? If you can not think of a solution, should I go on to another trained person???
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

sorry internet was down from storm we had here. when you pull the top off is there a nut under there ? also did you feell down on the side for the 1/4" screw you take out to relese it?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I wondered what happened to you. There is no nut or screw to be seen or felt. I used to just pull it off but it is "stuck" down. It is green. I will be happy to pay you when we figure out a solution.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you have a agiator this collor correct? I'm having real trouble finding the agitator itself.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, this is the agitator that I have. Do you have a solution as to how we can get it off?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I cant find the diagrams for this unit, too old. there should be a bolt under the cap or a screw on the side near the bottom, they sell a thing called and agi-tamer, you hook your water hose up to it and it slides under the agitator and you turn the water on in it fills up and pushes the agitator off, I believe this is the only solution for your problem if there is no not holding it is just stuck on, buildup can do this, you can order this at the following link, http://www.agi-tamer.com/ hope this helps thanks, Bryan