Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag fridg modelMFI2568AES, S/N 10671034JR, Display for temp

Maytag fridg modelMFI2568AES, S/N 10671034JR, Display for temp and other controls in door flashing, also evap fan is not working. one more thing the ice dispenser door keeps opening and closing

thanks Mark

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

The evaporator fan motors are 12 VDC motors, you you said you remove the cover the the temp display unplugged three wire plug in is what you saying is it then worked? So now you are able change the temp but the dispenser door more open and the evaporator fan won't work, is that basically what you're saying?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes
Okay it's control board issue, this runs everything including the fans and the dispenser power, this board controls the different aspects and functions for the refrigerator, if you would told me just the fan wasn't running I might've thought maybe the fan was the issue but if we can control the dispenser either and you had to unplug and re-plug the control than that at lease reset that part of the board or the temp control assembly, you will need to replace this, it's actually the high-voltage control board, but also has the low voltage transformer on it that runs the dispenser lights, and keys, but the relays on this board control the fan and the dispenser door, there are no relays on the other board the one you unplugged so it's definitely a relay issue on the high-voltage board, you can order this at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/1206507?modelNumber=MFI2568AES it's part number 13 on this diagram and is located in the back of the refrigerator if you pull away from the wall and remove the cover on the bottom over the compressor area it will be on the left side in a box, you will see wires going to it, ,thanks and well wishes, Bryan