Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a quiet partner II dishwasher. When I bought it it was

I have a quiet partner II dishwasher. When I bought it it was very quiet. Now it makes grinding noises. It happened soon after but I havent done anything about it for 2 years as the house is rented and now the renters are making complaints.
The noise occurs when the motor is going Im sure.
Any thoughts?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get us the full model # XXXXX the tag inside the machine on the wall?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry about the delay we are experiencing bad weather conditions and Im on a satellite.
TYPE 575-0
MOD DU1100XTPBA

thats fine , your correct, there is something in the chopper assembly, here is a great video on how to disassemble this so you can check it, this is a common problem in these, follow the video and check for glass or a piece of plastic in the pump assembly, heres the video, just click the blue link, thanks Bryan

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Food-Chopper-Assembly/830886?modelNumber=DU1100XTPBA#repairHelpVideoTabs

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Bryan
I finally received the part that you thought might be the culprit and have installed it. It has made no difference. Any other thoughts?

You replaced the chopper blade and it still does the same noise?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes thats correct. The chopper blade arrived yesterday and I replaced it. Same noise.
thats not good, try removing the chopper blade ad run it without it for a test, if it still makes noise the pump is bad unfortunately. let me know. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello Bryan
I removed the chopper assembly and just did a test run. Same noise. What are my options regarding pump replacement?
you will need to replace the pump assembly this is the best thing to do at this point, heres a link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pump-and-Motor-Assembly/1548391?modelNumber=DU1100XTPBA thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How difficult is this to install? Is there a video demonstrating it? Do i install from above or below?
Know unfortunately for this there is no video for it, I have found the best way to install these is to pull the machine completely out of the cabinet and work on it, there are just 4 locks on the motor assembly to unlock it and push it up through the top, what I would do before you even order anything is remove the machine completely and take both pumps off, it will be a drain pump recirculation pump by sure is nothing in the drain pump, you can check this from the top though you will need to take the machine out and lay it on its back so you can get to it, here is a diagram that helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thankyou Bryan
your very welcome, thanks Bryan