Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

I have a Maytag Neptune front load washer. Everything works

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Neptune front load washer. Everything works except the tub does not spin - when you look inside it looks like the tub has dropped - the plastic around the circumference of the tub is very worn.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 6 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is Tom and i will be helping you today with your problem.
The inner tub support has broken. So the inner tub needs to be replaced. To have this done you are looking around 500 dollars.

If this has been helpful please press accept.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If the inner tub support has broken, is there something that supports it that can be replaced. a friend who lives far away from me and has fixed machines says there is a belt in the back of the machine that may need to be replaced - but he has not seen it.
Yes there is a belt in the back. You have to replace the entire inner tub they do not sell the support separately it is part of the inner tub.

Register Here